All the Real Indians Died Off: And 20 Other Myths about Native Americans (Paperback)
by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz
- Columbus Discovered America
- Thanksgiving Proves the Indians Welcomed Pilgrims
- Indians Were Savage and Warlike
- Europeans Brought Civilization to Backward Indians
- The United States Did Not Have a Policy of Genocide
- Sports Mascots Honor Native Americans
- Most Indians Are on Government Welfare
- Indian Casinos Make Them All Rich
- Indians Are Naturally Predisposed to Alcohol
About the Author
Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz grew up in rural Oklahoma in a tenant farming family. She has been active in the international Indigenous movement for more than four decades and is known for her lifelong commitment to national and international social justice issues. Dunbar-Ortiz is the winner of the 2017 Lannan Cultural Freedom Prize, and is the author or editor of many books, including Not "A Nation of Immigrants."Winner of the American Book Award (2015). She lives in San Francisco.
Category: History, Indigenous American Studies
Book Condition: New
Publisher: Beacon Press
Date Published: October 04, 2016
Terms of Sale
All book sales are final. No returns or exchanges.
Purchaser will receive a new book that has never been read.
The book will be shipped within 7 business days of receipt of order via a major mail carrier (USPS, UPS, FedEX, or DHL) and may take up to 14 days to arrive depending on the carrier and destination.
International shipping is also available.